The DSI at BIU would like to recognize and reward exceptional work in the area of data science that resulted in a significant contribution to the field. The award will be open to all students in the university who have recently published an academic publication in the field of data science in a top-tier peer-reviewed venue. This is a unique opportunity for BIU students to receive recognition for their hard work.
The Outstanding Publication Awards will be provided in the form of a scholarship. The scholarships are intended to support and encourage students to continue their academic pursuits in data science.
The DSI has allocated a total of up to 50K NIS for scholarships of 1,000 to 4,000 NIS each. The applications will be reviewed by a panel of experts from the Data Science Institute, and the winners will be announced at the DSI retreat that will take place in June 2023. The total number of scholarships and the individual scholarship amounts will be determined based on the quality and significance of the publications.
Eligibility Criteria and Limitations
- The call is open to all BIU research students of DSI Members:
- An applying student needs to be an active registered BIU student or PostDoc in the academic year of TASHPAG.
- The call is open to any publication (e.g. journal or conference paper) in the field of data science in a top-tier peer-reviewed venue. The publication date (the date used for citation purposes) must be from the current academic year – i.e. Oct 1, 2022 – Sep 30, 2023.
- An applicant must be one of the authors of the publication.
- Students may submit multiple applications (each for a different publication), however, the total award per student is limited to 4,000 NIS.
- In the case that a single publication has multiple eligible authors, these authors can apply separately, however, this co-authorship will be taken into account when the committee decides on the scholarship amount.
Submission Guidelines and Process
- The application should be submitted by the student via the following form:
- Submissions include:
- Name of applicant, name of BIU advisor(s), publication reference and URL.
- Deadline for submission: June 11, 2023.
- The awards will be announced at the DSI retreat that will take place in mid June 2023.
If you have published an academic paper in the area of data science, we strongly encourage you to apply for the DSI Outstanding Publication Awards. This is an excellent opportunity for you to gain recognition for your work, and we look forward to receiving your applications.
We wish you all the best of luck.
The Data Science Institute
For any questions contact: email@example.com