The Data Science Institute (DSI) at Bar Ilan University is an academic-research institute, whose mission is to promote scientific research in data science and the use of data science methods in all research fields in the academy and the industry. The institute works to integrate the use of data science in research in the various faculties and in the future aims to provide research and consulting services to the industry.
We are looking for an institute manager who will lead to the next stage in the expansion of the Institute’s activities in both academy and industry.
The DSI Manager will promote DS research across all university faculties, with emphasis on social and humanities, and will seek and promote industrial collaboration and research services for the industry.
As the DSI manager you will
- Lead the DSI team (computing, admin, DS research personnel, academic)
- Take part in the annual planning with the director/steering committee and be in charge of plan execution managerial and financial
- Develop external connections and communication: seek and promote academic collaboration, including initiation and support for joint grant proposals, promote the DSI in the media and provide research services and support
- Develop profitable services of consulting and research in the industry
- Educational background: A master’s or doctoral degree in a field related to data science, e.g., computer science, statistics, math, etc.
- Relevant work experience: Experience in a related field, such as data analysis, machine learning, etc.
- Proven experience in team management.
- Research and publication: Experience conducting and publishing research in the field of data science with business experience – desirable
- Experienced in organizational change implementation – desirable
For DSI manager position you will need:
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage a diverse team. Experience with project management and the ability to prioritize tasks and delegate responsibilities effectively are also important.
- A deep understanding of data science concepts and techniques, as well as experience with relevant tools and programming languages such as Python, R, SQL, and machine learning frameworks.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work collaboratively with other departments, faculty, and staff. The ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders is also desirable.
Apply to: email@example.com