2013-present Member, Bar-Ilan institute of Nanotechnology and Advanced Materials.
2012-present Senior Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Faculty of Engineering, Bar-Ilan University.
2007-2012 Postdoctoral fellow (2007-2011) and Research Associate (2012), Stanford University, Department of Bioengineering, Stephen Quake’s lab.
2006-2007 Visiting student (2006) and postdoctoral fellow (2007), Weizmann Institute of Science, Department of molecular biology, Uri Alon’s group.
2002-2006 Ph.D. in Physics, Bar-Ilan University
Dissertation topic: “Complex networks: structure, percolation, and optimization” (pdf)
Thesis adviser: Prof. Shlomo Havlin
1993-1995 B.Sc. Summa cum laude in Physics and Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University
ABOUT MY WORK
studying cancer biology using single cell genomics and next generation sequencing. We are using high throughput single cell technologies such as microfluidic single cell qPCR and RNA sequencing to search for new targeted therapies for cancer.
1. Shaheen Sikandar, Angera Kuo, Tomer Kalisky, Shang Cai, Maider Zabala, Robert Hsieh, Ferenc Scheeren, Neethan Lobo, Sopheak Sim, Dalong Qian, Frederick Dirbas, George Somlo, Stephen Quake, and Michael Clarke, “Role of epithelial to mesenchymal transition associated genes in mammary gland regeneration and breast tumorigenesis”, Nature Communications. 2017 Nov 21; 8(1):1669. doi: 10.1038/s41467-017-01666-2.
2. Kalisky T*, Oriel S, Bar-Lev TH, Ben-Haim N, Trink A, Wineberg Y, Kanter I, Gilad S, and Pyne S*, “A brief review of single-cell transcriptomic technologies”. Brief. Funct. Genomics 2017; 1–13, doi: 10.1093/bfgp/elx019 (*Co-senior authorship) pdf
3. Pode-Shakked N, Gershon R, Tam G, Omer D, Gnatek Y, Kanter I, Oriel S, Katz G, Harari-Steinberg O, Kalisky T*, and Dekel B*, “Evidence of In Vitro Preservation of Human Nephrogenesis at the Single-Cell Level”, Stem Cell Reports. 2017 May 25. pii: S2213-6711(17)30180-7. doi: 10.1016/j.stemcr.2017.04.026. (*Co-senior author) pdf
4. Chen Zhao, Shang Cai, Kunyoo Shin, Agnes Lim, Tomer Kalisky, Wan-Jin Lu, Michael F. Clarke, Philip A. Beachy, “Stromal Gli2 activity coordinates a niche signaling program for mammary epithelial stem cells”, Science. 2017 Mar 9. pii: eaal3485. doi: 10.1126/science.aal3485. pdf, supplementary_info
5. Pleniceanu O, Shukrun R, Omer D, Vax E, Kanter I, Dziedzic K, Pode-Shaked N, Mark-Daniei M, Pri-Chen S, Gnatek Y, Alfandary H, Varda-Bloom N, Bar-Lev D, Bollag N, Shtainfeld R, Armon L, Urbach A, Kalisky T, Nagler A, Harari-Steinberg O, Arbiser JL, and Dekel B: “PPARG is central to the initiation and propagation of human angiomyolipoma, suggesting its potential as a therapeutic target”. EMBO Mol Med. 2017 Mar 8. pii: e201506111. doi: 10.15252/emmm.201506111. pdf, supplementary_info, Haaretz_story
Studying cancer biology using single cell genomics and next generation sequencing.