Vatat Call for Phd and post-doc scholarships:
- מלגות ות”ת לדוקטורנטים מצטיינים במדעי הנתונים – due March 19
- קול קורא למלגות הות”ת לבתר-דוקטורטים ישראלים היוצאים לחו”ל – due March 19
The BIU LawData Lab at Bar Ilan-University Faculty of Law is now accepting applications for a post-doctoral fellowship, starting Spring 2020.
Full details below.
The BIU LawData Lab (BIU Innovation Lab for Law, Data-Science and Digital Ethics at Bar Ilan-University Faculty of Law) is seeking candidates for a new post-doctoral fellowship.
– PhD/JSD graduates or candidates who have submitted their doctoral dissertation.
– Candidates should have a JSD or PhD in law OR an LL.B/J.D + PhD in a related field (e.g., public policy, regulation, computer science, data science)
– Candidates should have a background in at least one of the Lab’s areas of work: law and technology, law and data science, law and artificial intelligence, ethics and technology, data governance.
– Duration: Flexible start date during March or April 2020. End: October 2020, but suitable candidates may be offered the option to extend the position until September 2021.
– Funding: A fellowship of 8,000 NIS per month.
– Responsibilities: the fellow will take part in the lab’s research projects and activities (including conferences and seminars) and will assist in the administration of the lab. In addition, the fellow is encouraged to lead independent research on topics related to the Lab’s work and to collaborate with affiliated faculty members.
How to apply:
– Please send a CV (including a list of publications), 2-3 recommendation letters, and a short statement of interest and research agenda to email@example.com. Relevant candidates will be invited for an interview.
– Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the fellowship position is filled.
About the BIU LawData Lab:
The BIU Innovation Lab for Law, Data-Science and Digital Ethics at Bar Ilan-University Faculty of Law focuses on two primary tracks: (1) data-driven legal research using various data-science methods (e.g., ML, NLP, social network analysis); (2) normative and ethical analysis, focusing on legal and regulatory aspects of big data, data analytics and AI, and on ensuring proper data governance. The lab is based on an interdisciplinary collaboration between legal researchers from the BIU Faculty of Law and data scientists from the BIU Data Science Institute and other affiliated BIU departments. It is also based on an international collaboration as part of the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence on Digital Governance (DIGOV)